Skip to main content

Abraham Lincoln Top 84 Quotes Collection


“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” – Abraham Lincoln

“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln

“The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I do the very best I know how – the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.” – Abraham Lincoln

“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln


“Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln


“Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?” – Abraham Lincoln

“I’m a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln

“A house divided against itself cannot stand.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.” – Abraham Lincoln

“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Everybody likes a compliment.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.” – Abraham Lincoln

“The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” – Abraham Lincoln

“When I am getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds about him and what he is going to say.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, I can say for one that I have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Abraham Lincoln

“The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.” – Abraham Lincoln
“He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality.” – Abraham Lincoln

“A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “Beavers build houses; but they build them in nowise differently, or better now, than they did, five thousand years ago. Ants, and honey-bees, provide food for winter; but just in the same way they did, when Solomon referred the sluggard to them as patterns of prudence. Man is not the only animal who labors; but he is the only one who improves his workmanship.” – Abraham Lincoln

 “I am rather inclined to silence, and whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.” – Abraham Lincoln

“In this sad world of ours sorrow comes to all and it often comes with bitter agony. Perfect relief is not possible except with time. You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now. I have had enough experience to make this statement.”
 – Abraham Lincoln

“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” – Abraham Lincoln

“And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln

“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln

“It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln

“Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.” – Abraham Lincoln

“I will prepare and some day my chance will come.” – Abraham Lincoln


“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” – Abraham Lincoln


“Every person’s happiness is their own responsibility.” – Abraham Lincoln


 “The best way to predict your future is to create it” – Abraham Lincoln


“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln


“I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln


“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Abraham Lincoln


“You can tell the greatness of someone by what makes them angry” – Abraham Lincoln


“All I have learned, I learned from books.” – Abraham Lincoln


“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln


“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln


“The better part of one’s life consists of his friendships.” – Abraham Lincoln


“Character is like a tree and reputation its shadow. The shadow is what we think it is and the tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln


“I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” – Abraham Lincoln


“I am not concerned that you have fallen — I am concerned that you arise.” – Abraham Lincoln


“I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.” – Abraham Lincoln


“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” – Abraham Lincoln


“You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.” – Abraham Lincoln

Bonus Quotes 

“Life is hard but so very beautiful” – Abraham Lincoln

                                                                                                                                                                      Comments

                                                                                                                                                                      Popular posts from this blog

                                                                                                                                                                      Top 95 Valentines day Love Quotes

                                                                                                                                                                      Continued (read previous quotes)    91. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — A. A. Milne 92. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper 93. "I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone." — Lord of The Rings 94. "You are my best friend, my human diary and my other half. You mean the world to me and I LOVE YOU." — (Unknown) 95. "If I know what love is, it is because of you." — Herman Hesse Read Next Quotes Top 100 valentines day I Love You quotes

                                                                                                                                                                      I'm not afraid of death, but I'm in no hurry to die- Stephen Hawking Inspirational Quotes Collection

                                                                                                                                                                      The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking “Mankind’s greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn’t have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.”- Stephen Hawking “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”- Stephen Hawking “People who boast about their I.Q. are losers.”- Stephen Hawking “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose, and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.”- Stephen Hawking “It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see th

                                                                                                                                                                      Top 114 valentines day I Love You Quotes

                                                                                                                                                                      Continued (read previous quotes)   106. "We are shaped and fashioned by those we love." — Geothe 107. "When love is not madness it is not love." ― Pedro Calderón de la Barca 108. "You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I LOVE YOU." — Pride & Prejudice 109. "Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused." ― Paulo Coelho 110 "If I had my life to live over again, I'd find you sooner." — Kobi Yamada 111. "Two people in love, alone, isolated from the world, that's beautiful." — Milan Kundera 112. "We go together like Copy and Paste." — Unknown 113. "I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you." — Paulo Coelho 114. "If love was a storybook, we'd meet on the on the very first